Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortigate Features Required

Ok i have sugested this feature to a fortigate virus engineer to recommend to fortinet. Since the fortinet r&d department is having a hard time understanding I will post it here. There is some word that fortinet will be supporting RBL in its next software release but I have a feeling that they will be creating there own RBL list as this is fine and dandy they should allow us to create our own refrences. There is currently quite a few good rbl' s currently on the web. Sorbs.net - compleate DB for spam, open relay, http relay, proxie relay, and much more spamhaus.org - Spam spamcop.com - Spam On the fortigate device here is how this needs to function. to conserve maximum bandwith there should be a cach or queries that you can set such as a life time. Most RBL' s have a life spam for there entried untill there next update. so by taking advantage on the onboard HD' s say 1 gig for cach the ftg could on first connect of an IP check the rbl if the connection policy states that it should. Example: Ip address 64.25.164.53 -> 192.168.5.4 SMTP external all - MailSys - always- mail-(RBL) " SPAM-relay" so what would happen here is a new option should be added such as RBL scan and you can create your RBL groups. Now if the RBL or cached RBL returns a responce then the conneection would be denied. Also needed would be a new section under firewall or system. / RBL you would be able to add-remove and create groups.
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

2.8 does allow you to enter in your own RBL source, such as Spamhaus etc..
Not applicable

Yeah but i dont see that closest thing i see is in the block list under email. Im checking this out now. but i dont think they designed it this way.
vanc
New Contributor II

Is this what you' re looking for?
Not applicable

yes but i dont have that option. and im running the new code. well not the beta code.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors