Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DCC
New Contributor

Fortigate EMS Version 7 Trial Installer

Hi,

I'm trying to install the trial version off EMS (version 7) for one off our customers. I have received the download link from fortinet but the installer is failing. I though it might be the servers I was trying it on, but today I have built a new VM. Microsoft server 2022, 8 gig ram, 64 bit, 60 gig free disk space and the installer is still failing with the same message. "file or directory corrupt or unreadable". This seems to be right at the beggining off the install after you accept the terms and conditions. Do you know what could be wrong, has anyone else experienced this? 

I have tried Fortinet support but they will not help without a license

thanks Omid

4 REPLIES 4
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello DCC, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

The most possible reason is the downloaded file is corrupted. Can you validate the checksum values (md5 or sha) with the values present on the support/download portal.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

DCC

Hi, thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the delay in replying. Its been a really busy week.

It did look like the installer was corrupt version 7.07 but I have just downloaded version 7.08 today and its doing exactly the same. 

When you say validate checksum values do you just mean the version downloaded matches with the one available on the download site? If so it appears to be the same version as listed

Does the server need anything else installing such as "sql" before you install EMS?

Kind Regards

Omid

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors