Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AndreyAKudinov
New Contributor

Fortigate E1100 - HA - Secondary > console not working

Hello everyone,

I have two FortiGates 1100E that with HA and the secondary console is acting out.

Whenever I disconnect HA and make it standalone both work fine, when HA is connected the console keeps posting messages in Putty "Incorrect login" but I do not even press any key or anything it's just every 5-second posting error login.

Did anyone have the same issue and have a resolution to it, I just want to have the console to secondary in case of emergency.

P.S. I do know how to connect to secondary CLI via primary > exe ha manage (id of secondary)

1 Solution
AndreyAKudinov
New Contributor

Found the resolution >>>>>> Update firmware from 7.0.2 to 7.0.7 to 7.2.3

The issue was that in stand-alone mode, both FortiGate's console works

When HA them together, only the primary's console works, the secondary's console gives an error and does not allow to log in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Not clear what your problem is. Are you not able to log in to the console? Or is it that you don't know why it's showing the incorrect login messages every 5 seconds?

Cheers,
Graham
AndreyAKudinov
New Contributor

Found the resolution >>>>>> Update firmware from 7.0.2 to 7.0.7 to 7.2.3

The issue was that in stand-alone mode, both FortiGate's console works

When HA them together, only the primary's console works, the secondary's console gives an error and does not allow to log in.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors