Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
barney
New Contributor

Fortigate Config Revision Using API or Ansible

Does anyone have any pointers on creating a config revision using the API or Ansible? I am not finding any documentation on that. I am also not finding any documentation on how to create a revision using the CLI.

Alternatively, any recommendations on backing up a FW before you run an Ansible playbook? I know I can just run a task to do it, but it is being ran from a scale set in Azure DevOps that I do not have CLI access to, to retrieve the config later.

2 REPLIES 2
gfleming
Staff
Staff

If your FGT has a built-in disk you can automatically save config revisions to the local disk. If you are using FMG or FortiCloud revisions can automatically be stored there. 

Alternatively you can back up to TFTP or SFTP automatically via CLI:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.2/administration-guide/702257/configuration-backups...

Cheers,
Graham
tarun2790
New Contributor

Well, I think this issue has been resolved now. I came with additional knowledge which might be helpful for the freshers who are looking to get into DevOps. Freshers are in thought about how much senior devops engineer salary is, you can get into that by looking into my blog.

Tarun Saini
Tarun Saini
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors