Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Faulty_Male
New Contributor III

Fortigate Competitor Analysis

Do anyone have any kind of competitor analsys info on the fortigates? I have found some reports ie Fortigate vs Iron port etc but I' m not sure if there is anything better out there. Ideally I' m looking for something to show my users/potential clients why the Fortigates are so good and where they stand in relation to the competition. Any help would be great. Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Depends on what you want to see.. there are some pdfs on the fortinet partner sites, which (of course) show how much better fortinet is. When Juniper sponsors the thing Juniper is of course better.
Faulty_Male
New Contributor III

I found this (Look at page 2): http://www.esecuritytogo.com/documents/ProSecure_UTM_Competitive_Analysis_v1-1.pdf I like it because it lists multiple suppliers in one sheet (although just the low end units). I was hoping there would be something else like this that compares multiple vendors in one report. I particularly like Web Filter Coverage & Update frequency.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Reply to Message All Forums >>Other FortiGate and FortiOS Topics >>Miscellaneous -- FortiOS and FortiGate >> Page:
Do you have a channel partner you can speak to? My partner gave me a document like zillion years ago that breakout the differences between other security appliances. I' ll try to find it, but it did NOT say what is better but gave you the differences and weakness between the top players ( cisco ,juniper,barracude,sonicwall, etc,...) In a lot of areas, fortigate is very strong and in others, it weak. You will have to review all of the criteria and then make a decision on what' s better.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
veechee
New Contributor

Here' s a good presentation that does some comparisons. Some of the model #' s are old but easy to apply new model #s to the chart. http://www.expressdata.co.th/seminar/Phuket%20Present%20FortiOs4.ppt
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors