Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
amish1
New Contributor

Fortigate BGP Received Route

I have received a route from my neighbor peer as follows,

Network                    Next Hop        Metric LocPrf Weight RouteTag Path
*> X.X.X.X/22          198.32.231.X                                                             X    i <-/->
*> X.X.X.X                198.32.231.X                                                             X    i <-/->
*> X.X.X.X                198.32.231.X                                                             X    i <-/->

I have received the Network X.X.X.X/24 along with the subnet and also received X.X.X.X network with no any subnet mask. why the X.X.X.X network is not advertised with no subnet mask

5 REPLIES 5
sagha
Staff
Staff

Hi amish1

A bit more clarity into this would be helpful. 

Are you trying to advertise the received bgp network to another BGP neighbor? 

Thank you. 

Shahan Agha

amish1
New Contributor

Hi sagha,

No when i check the received routes from the command

#get router info bgp neighbours X.X.X.X received-route

i get this output

Network                    Next Hop        Metric LocPrf Weight RouteTag Path
*> X.X.X.X/22          198.32.231.X                                                             X    i <-/->

The route received from client is X.X.X.X without any subnet mask

sagha

Hi Amish, 

This might help in clarifying: 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-The-BGP-advertised-and-received-routes-hav...

Thank you. 

Shahan Agha

sagha
Staff
Staff

Hi amish1

This needs to be checked on the device advertising this. Could you please check there first? It is also a FGT device? 

Thank you. 

Shahan Agha

akristof
Staff
Staff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors