Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pbd
New Contributor II

Fortigate 90G and 7.4.1

I've just bought a one of Fortigate's latest devices (90G) for the advanced IoT capability to find out that they don't support any of the newest firmware on there latest devices - mad........

So I've been basically ripped off - as they can't even tell me if and when 7.4 will be available on this device - The data sheet says that you need 7.4.1 but omits to tell you that they don't actually have 7.4.1

Absolutely apauling and support have just been as bad - just saying we can't help - we don't offer latest firmware on new devices.

So I have a nice ornament as box is useless to me without the capability - Really really poor Fortinet!

37 REPLIES 37
AEK

Hi

I think it is better to create a new post for that.

AEK
AEK
norseman
New Contributor

Any updates on 7.2 or 7.3 or any newer firmware wise?

kellyfcwalsh
New Contributor II

Email from one of Fortinet's Distribution partners on July 22 stated that they still didn't have any expected release dates. One of their techs mentioned that it should be merged with the 7.5 code branch but he wouldn't give a time for that either.

We had ordered a FAP-441K-A back in Feb.  It showed up in June unannounced with no support for our 90G. Fortunately we hadn't paid for it yet, so we told the distributor that we weren't paying for a brick and that we'd release payment on receipt of a firmware for the 90G that worked with the AP. The distributor went back to Fortinet to try and find any additional information. They couldn't get anything out of them. So we told them that we'd return the unit then if Fortinet couldn't' provide a working firmware. They told us that Fortinet didn't have a return policy. We told them we had a policy of not paying for equipment that didn't work...

They agreed to take back the unit but that we would have to be responsible for the shipping costs. We told them we don't pay shipping for non-functioning product and that they could send someone by our office to pick it up. They sent us a pre-paid shipping label...

The support for the 90G has been absolutely one of the worst supported products we've ever bought. We're currently evaluating Palo Alto products now as a result of the extremely poor support offered by Fortinet on the 90G. 

in
New Contributor

It is now mid-August and still no newer firmware versions for 90G :(  I'm thinking of asking refund for my software maintenance.

According to https://support.fortinet.com/Information/ProductLifeCycle.aspx GA for 7.2 was February 2023 and for 7.4 July 2023, more than a year ago. 7.6 was released for older devices last month. Not really a General Availability...

Any update on those firmwares??

Imperlin
New Contributor II

Hello @in@norseman

Good News, FortiOS7.2.9 for FGT90/91G is out now!
Hopefully all bugs and problems of the "special build" are gone. ;)

@all: Can you please give feedback on whether 7.2.X is now running stable for you?

kellyfcwalsh

The firmware upgrade page on the device is showing that 7.0.15 build 7342 is still the latest version and that the device is "up to date" with that version. Do we have to go somewhere special to download the 7.2.9 "extra special build" or will it be pushed as an available upgrade? Will the 7.2.9 "extra special build" include compatibility for all those features and Fortinet product compatibility requirements that referenced 7.4.1 or higher? Will the 7.2.9 be compatible with FAP-441K-A which the product engineer stated required 7.4.1 or higher?

Techniplex

To get 7.2.9 go to the update section and select all upgrades and it will show you the 7.2.9 version. For the FAP-441K-A you need 7.4.1 or higher (https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/7.6.0/fortiap-and-fortios-compatibility-matrix/261175/for...) I am in the same boat with a FGT121G and FAP-441.

nathan_h

Most likely v7.4.5 will be released for FGT90/91G at around end of this month.

Nathan
FCP-NS, FCP-PCS, FCP-SO, FCSS-NS, FCSS-PCS, FCSS-SASE
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors