Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
oenrico
New Contributor

Fortigate 80c and problem wan ppoe

Hi 

i'm enrico and i have a firewall Fortinet 80c version firmware v4.0,build0334,111018 (MR2 Patch 9)

I have connect two wan

The Wan 1 is a a request ppoe for the connection  and Wan 2 is a normal ip adress

I setting  Wan 1 with connection ppoe and function but whene the start connection there is a problem

If setting internal 1 go to the internet in wan 2 no function but go Wan 1

I resolve a problem insert a router ppoe and setting Wan 1 whith ip adress and function but there is a problem if setting vpn ipsec in Wan 1 because the router is not trasparent mode

There is a solution for the setting Wan 1 whith ppoe in firewall

Thank for the respond and happy easter day

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_McMullan

It sounds like, to me, you want to use the FortiGate's WAN1 to initiate a PPPoE connection to your DSL provider instead of a router in front of the firewall, correct?

If so, we can troubleshoot the connection looking at debugs and logs. Are there any system event logs generated to help explain when/why the connection fails?

Otherwise, enable these diagnostics when attempting a connection:

diag debug reset

diag debug enable

diag debug application ppp -1

diag debug application pppoed -1

<attempt a connection, then...>

diag debug reset

diag debug disable

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

oenrico
New Contributor

thank for the respond but the problem is not connection ppoe but the rules 

if setting ppoe connection the rules "static rules" not function 

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi enrico.

It sounds like you are trying to "load-balance" the connection between the two WAN ports; WAN1 on PPPoE, WAN2 on static IP connection.  Is this correct?  If so, you have to make sure both WAN ports have the same distance, priority, and weight.  I recall PPPoE connections default to a distance of 5 -- you may need to change this to match the distance on WAN2.  Check the route monitor to confirm both WAN ports have matching distance, priority, and weight.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Christopher_McMullan

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "static rules" - do you mean static routes?

Could you provide a screenshot of the error, or describe it in more detail?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Please note that the route distance is set in the Interface setup screen if using PPPoE, not in the Routing setup (if using "Obtain default gateway" is enabled).

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
oenrico
New Contributor

Thank you very mutch for respond 

When i possible i test configuration 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors