Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jerrynz
New Contributor

Fortigate 80C stopped, need help.

Hi there, I an newbie here. Just got a problem for 80C. It stopped working occasionally, nobody could go to internet. When I login it show on Dashboard that Registration unreachable. AntiVirus, IPS and Vulnerability Scan all failed. CPU usage was around 95% high. When click on CLI Console it shows Connected but with error: Cannot read termcap database, using dumb terminal setting. All log file are missing. When I tried to reboot it just hang. I have to disconnect the power and wait for a few minutes. after trun it on normally it works fine. Checked the log after restarting, it stopped logging anything sometime a few hours ago. It seems this more often since this January. I am not good at Fortigate and CLI. If you have any ideas about this issue I am glad to hear. Thank you. The screenshot is below.
11 REPLIES 11
jerrynz
New Contributor

Thank you all for your help. I tried rebuild sql database on Saturday but failed. I tried to format log disk and this seems fix the issue. Till now it works very well.
edwinbaloyi
New Contributor

Thank you,

I have the same issue with a fortigate VM64, but i think my problems all relate to a UDP DoS attack which i had only set to detect and not block on the DoS policies due to the policy blocking legitimate traffic.

Regards

Edwin Baloyi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors