Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jerrynz
New Contributor

Fortigate 80C stopped, need help.

Hi there, I an newbie here. Just got a problem for 80C. It stopped working occasionally, nobody could go to internet. When I login it show on Dashboard that Registration unreachable. AntiVirus, IPS and Vulnerability Scan all failed. CPU usage was around 95% high. When click on CLI Console it shows Connected but with error: Cannot read termcap database, using dumb terminal setting. All log file are missing. When I tried to reboot it just hang. I have to disconnect the power and wait for a few minutes. after trun it on normally it works fine. Checked the log after restarting, it stopped logging anything sometime a few hours ago. It seems this more often since this January. I am not good at Fortigate and CLI. If you have any ideas about this issue I am glad to hear. Thank you. The screenshot is below.
11 REPLIES 11
jerrynz
New Contributor

Thank you all for your help. I tried rebuild sql database on Saturday but failed. I tried to format log disk and this seems fix the issue. Till now it works very well.
edwinbaloyi
New Contributor

Thank you,

I have the same issue with a fortigate VM64, but i think my problems all relate to a UDP DoS attack which i had only set to detect and not block on the DoS policies due to the policy blocking legitimate traffic.

Regards

Edwin Baloyi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors