Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tommy_Rogers
New Contributor

Fortigate 800C

Recently purchased two 800C' s with 10gig SFP' s. can' t figure out how to get the two SFP+ ports 23 and 24 to come up wiith the 10gig tranceivers. Anybody got any input? Thanks Tommy
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
8 REPLIES 8
Tommy_Rogers
New Contributor

By the way I have 5.01 firmware loaded.
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Maik
New Contributor II

just did the same. it was plug and play. nothing extra to configure. running 5.0.1 as well. To be sure; did you order extra 10Gig traceivers, or did you use the two already included with the 800C?
Tommy_Rogers
New Contributor

No, unfortunately I only have the 4 that came with the 2 units. I do have some Brocade 10g transceivers though.
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Maik
New Contributor II

the 4 that came with it are 1Gig tranceiver. I' m currently using the FG-TRAN-SFP+SR. there is also a LongRange model for the SFP+ port available.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

@Maik, do you think that the 1G transceivers will not work in the SFP+ sockets? I guess they should be downward compatible, like with switch ports (then again, it' s a Fortigate...)

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Maik
New Contributor II

@Maik, do you think that the 1G transceivers will not work in the SFP+ sockets? I guess they should be downward compatible, like with switch ports
I don' t know. I had no need to put a 1gig gbic into a 10gig slot while there are 1gig slots free yet. :) the 800C is out of my lab. i cannot test it anymore. i also don' t know if there would be a technical reason or a support reason to not support unknown gbic' s. at least i' m not aware of a command like " service unsupported-transceiver" :) regards Maik
Tommy_Rogers
New Contributor

The part number I have is 4 ea. AFBR-5710PZ and 8 ea. AXGE-5854-0511. Google says they are all 1000base so I think some one may have boo-booed... Thanks Tommy
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Tommy_Rogers
New Contributor

Mystery resolved... The part number that works is as follows. This is the part number on the 10gig transceiver not Fortinets part number - AFBR-703ASDZ.
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Tommy Rogers FCNSA FCNSP
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors