Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
phar
New Contributor

Fortigate 7.4.5 not blocking incoming management access attempts

Fortigate v7.4.5 build2702 (Mature)

I am trying to block large subnets that are trying to access the management interface of our firewall. Almost just like this page here: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Configuring-FortiGate-Firewall-Policy-to-b...

I've created an address subnet object then created the following firewall policy:

Name: Deny X.0.0.0

Incoming Interface: Any

Outgoing Interface: Any

Source: X.0.0.0-Net

Destination: All

Schedule: always

Service: All

Action: Deny

Log Violation

Enable Policy

Despite this I continue to see connection attempts being made. All of them either end in client-rst or server-rst. What am I missing? Or is there something else i need to do?

3 REPLIES 3
spoojary
Staff
Staff
phar
New Contributor

Thanks, I will check that out. Why does the firewall policy not block that incoming traffic?

RinoBroer
New Contributor III

It is important to know the difference between a firewall policy and a local-in policy. While firewall  policies control traffic flowing through the FortiGate, local-in policies control inbound traffic that is going to a FortiGate interface.

Rino Broer
Rino Broer
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors