Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Freestar
New Contributor

Fortigate 60c does not connect to the internet after firmware update

Hi,

I recently updated the firmware of my 60c to the version 5.2.2.

After the update it won't connect to the web even though i still have the same settings as before.

Also a problem it won't show any eventlogs of the traffic.

Hope somebody could help me soon with this problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Jeffrey.

I'm assuming this is a follow up to your earlier post, can you confirm you have access to either the CLI or GUI? Have you followed the steps outlined by emnoc in his post?  Reformat the boot disk (via the boot menu) and install new firmware via tftp? 

If you cannot connect to the Fortigate via the GUI, connect a console cable to the console port and use a terminal program or putty -- reboot the fgt and see what errors come up.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
KelvinC
New Contributor

Hope I'm not too late to reply.  I had the same problem happened but with a 60D.

The solution for my 60D is as follow:

Policy & Objects>Objects>Services

Look at "General".  The first line is "ALL".

It shows (IP6) for "Details"   <------- This is the problem

Right click Edit on IP6  > Protocol Number change to "0"  > OK

Now you will see "ANY" instead of IP6.

That resolve the problem for me.  Hope it helps.

Shawn_W

Thanks for the reply.  Glad it was resolved.

tof
New Contributor II

Hi, after 5.0.11 to 5.2.2 upgrade we had a web browsing issue. We noticed "ALL" service was misconfigured to "protocol 6" instead of "0". Now we have corrected this we are able to ping websites but for some of them we still can't browse.

Christopher_McMullan

What sites specifically are affected? Are there log entries that help explain what happens during attempts to browse to these sites?

There was a bug relating to the 'ALL' service being changed from protocol 0 (meaning, any number) to 6 (meaning only TCP). It was patched in 5.2.3. Short of upgrading, you can fix the bug by applying the workaround mentioned above:

config firewall service custom

edit 'ALL'

set protocol IP

set protocol-number 0

end

I re-read the earlier threads, and noticed someone had beat me to the workaround I proposed.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

tof
New Contributor II

OK sorry for this. It seems our public IP is blascklisted somewhere

Since we had the issue with "ALL" service i was focused on it.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors