Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Romulo
New Contributor II

Fortigate 60E - Interface WAN Giga working only Fast

Hi community,

I have bought a used Fortigate 60E to work with SD-WAN. The port WAN2 not working (no sign of life) but my problem is the port WAN1 because it's working only Fast. My service provider router is Giga and my link is 500Mb. What is the problem?

I count with your support

Addtionals Informations:

- The two WAN ports are 10/100/1000;

- My firewall is up to date - version 7.0.12;

- Memory and CPU used is OK;

- When i tested the same cable on another port, it's works Giga (Today, it's my workaround);

- When i forced the speed port to 1000, it's stop work;

FortiGate#Fortigate60E

Romulo Nascimento
Romulo Nascimento
1 Solution
Romulo
New Contributor II

Hi,

1 - The interface is et to auto;

2 - Like i have mentioned on my topic, i tested the same cable on other port (internal7) and works;

3 - So i will be sad! haha

My workround was used the ports internal7 and internal6 like WAN ports. It's works without problems and on giga!

Romulo Nascimento

View solution in original post

Romulo Nascimento
2 REPLIES 2
pminarik
Staff
Staff

1, Make sure the interface is set to auto or 1000full in the CLI
2, Test with a known-good(!) cable and a known-good (!) device on the other end of that cable.

3, If the FortiGate still can't negotiate/function on 1000full, then the WAN1 port is most likely also (half-)broken. Proceed with RMA if the unit has support coverage, or being sad if not.

It's worth noting that there's nothing stopping you from re-purposing one of the (hopefully still functioning!) internal1~7 interfaces, or the DMZ, as your new "WAN" link. You won't lose any functionality nor suffer any performance degradation by doing this (apart from the visual simplicity of a WAN interface being named WAN1/2).

[ corrections always welcome ]
Romulo
New Contributor II

Hi,

1 - The interface is et to auto;

2 - Like i have mentioned on my topic, i tested the same cable on other port (internal7) and works;

3 - So i will be sad! haha

My workround was used the ports internal7 and internal6 like WAN ports. It's works without problems and on giga!

Romulo Nascimento
Romulo Nascimento
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors