Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dcmsky
New Contributor

Fortigate 60E High Availablity Set Up

question #1: While in System - HA, I don't see Ports 1- 7 as choices to use for the heartbeat monitor.  Is there something I need to change before I can select those here? - image attached.

I've got two Fortigate60e's and each have the same configuration, same firmware.

Ports 6 and 7 are going to ports 6 & 7 on each FortiGate to be the Heartbeats. 

Question #2: Also is this set up ok for HA?

internet -> router -> WAN1 port of Primary_Fortigate60e -> Port 1 to internal Switch

on the Backup_FortiGate60e WAN1 is going into a port on the internal switch

or do I have to have it as internet -> router -> external switch, and that splits off to each of the WAN1 for each fortigate?

1 Solution
rohitchoudhary1978
New Contributor III

Hi,

Ans 1 ) You may use any port other than switch ports for HA and link both ports with straight cable and define inside for health check

Ans 2) Yes, the connectivity will be like this internet -> router -> external switch -> Both fgt60e WAN1 interface

Thanks

Rohit

Rohit K

View solution in original post

Rohit K
2 REPLIES 2
rohitchoudhary1978
New Contributor III

Hi,

Ans 1 ) You may use any port other than switch ports for HA and link both ports with straight cable and define inside for health check

Ans 2) Yes, the connectivity will be like this internet -> router -> external switch -> Both fgt60e WAN1 interface

Thanks

Rohit

Rohit K
Rohit K
dcmsky

Since this 60E only has ports 1-7, DMZ, WAN1 and WAN2 I ended up removing ports 6 and 7 from here (so they are no longer switch ports):

Network->Interfaces->Hardware Switch [internal]

After doing that they became available as heartbeat choices in: System->HA

Port Monitor  Heartbeat Interface  Enable  Priority(0-512) dmz internal6

internal7 npu0_vlink0   npu0_vlink1   wan1 wan2

Thanks for the help!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors