Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mikelar
New Contributor

Fortigate 60D Replacing Win DHCP Server

Hi,

I'm hoping for a bit of advice, as the users here have been extremely helpful to me in the past.

I'm planning to replace an aging windows DHCP server on one of our sites that is currently unmanaged. Unfortunately we inherited this network from another company, with no documentation and no write access to the access / core switches. Since then I've documented as much as I can and have a pretty good idea of how the site is setup, but I've had no luck in obtaining write access to the switches. Long term we will replace the switches, but in the short term we need to decomission the windows DHCP server.

Core SW Config (unable to modify):

[ul]
  • There are 7x Access VLANs, 1x Voice VLAN, 1x Server VLAN & 1x WAN VLAN, each with their own subnet.
  • The access & core switches are configured with DHCP relay to forward DHCP requests from all subnets to the windows DHCP server (2.2.2.2). 
  • The core SW has a default route to 1.1.1.1.[/ul]

Basic Topology: http://imgur.com/wwv9SSc

My plan is to use a Fortigate 60D as the primary gateway device, and configure a DHCP scope for each access VLAN. My main questions are around how much the 60D supports in terms of VLANs and DHCP scopes, and how best to approach this setup.

[ol]
  • Can the 60D support up to 10x VLANs on a single physical interface?
  • How many DHCP scopes cam be configured on a single physical/virtual interface?
  • Is there a better way to approach this setup?[/ol]

I'd really appreciate any advice you could offer. Happy to provide any further information needed.

Cheers.

• 1 REPLY 1
    GusTech
    Contributor II

Mikelar wrote:

My plan is to use a Fortigate 60D as the primary gateway device, and configure a DHCP scope for each access VLAN. My main questions are around how much the 60D supports in terms of VLANs and DHCP scopes, and how best to approach this setup.

[ol]
  • Can the 60D support up to 10x VLANs on a single physical interface?
  • How many DHCP scopes cam be configured on a single physical/virtual interface?[/ol]

Cheers.

• 1. Yes.

2. 32 in each vdom.

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors