Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortigate 60...how to set back to factory default ?

Hello all, I recently recieved an old Fortigate 60 to use as a backup firewall for a small remote office. The IT group does not have the admin password for me to get into the configuration portal via the browser, so I was attempting to reset the unit back to factory defaults using the console port. After setting my serial port to 9600,8,1, none, I watch the bootup process and can get the login screen. From what I' ve been able to find, I should be entering the following to access the CLI to execute a reset to factory default settings: 1- at the console login prompt, type in " maintainer" for userid 2- Type in " bcpbFGTxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for password (XXXXXXXXXXX will be the S/N of the Fortigate) 3- after a successful login, now do changes to admin password My s/n is 602104401672, so for the password I' m entering " bcpbFGT602104401672" ...which returns the following message: " The hashed password length is invalid. Login incorrect" I also read where you can also use the device MAC address in place of the s/n but that has failed as well (MAC 00090F0B1734). I have also tried entering " bcpbFGT-602104401672" to no avail. Any other ideas or ways to reset this device' s admin account back to default (no password) ? Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
abelio

There appears to be a timer involved and you must attempt to login with the maintainer account immediately after the device goes on-line.
Indeed Victor, you' ve 30 sec to perform the typing stuff... However, this is useless now, I' ve not read your earlier post before. regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors