Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dean_Schenkel
New Contributor

Fortigate 60 auto-install configuration

I have an old Fortigate 60 that I need to keep running for another few months. Its configuration was accidently changed in some way that disabled the web control access. I have an old fgt_system.conf file that I would like to use to recover, using the USB auto-install feature. But some of the documentation says this will only work with a FortiUSB key, which seems to no longer be available. Some other documents imply any USB will work as long as it is formatted FAT16. Is there any chance I' ll be able to use a regular USB drive, or do I need to find a RJ45 to DB9 cable and use the management port? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Your options depend on what you' ve configured. I could log in via ssh to get to the CLI on my FGTs. You don' t mention whether you have auto-install enabled at all. If you have, you can use any USB stick. My sticks are formatted FAT32 btw. But...that depends on the firmware version you have. The real old ones (v3.00 something) did check the contents of the USB stick and would reject any non-FortiUSB sticks. Good luck.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors