Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
VJS
New Contributor

Fortigate 40F PPPoE Disconnections

Hi,

We are installing Fortigate 40F in different sites and we are configuring them with a PPPoE connection with our ISP modem.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing disconnections and packet losses to both internal (VPN) connection and the public network. 

When we are making use of WinMTR software and pinging Google DNS servers, there is a lot of packet loss which might explain why the disconnections over PPPoE connections are happening.

Did someone ever experience this with the same model, please? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Julien87
Contributor II

Hi VJS,

I have not problem with the PPPoE interface for my installation. Only a VPN, but since i checked the feature autonegociate in the phase 2. My tunnel are stable.

The ISP PPPoE are configure in the SDWan, and i have disable the box retreive DNS and Gateway in the interface PPPoE for manual configuration.

Have you try the PPPOE connexion in simple modem to check the link?

Best regards,

Julien

Julien
Julien
VJS
New Contributor

Hi Julie,

We eliminated the modem and tried the connection directly in the ONT device and we still had the same amount of packet losses with WinMTR and therefore concluded that the modem is not to blame for.

Julien87
Contributor II

ok, i have not idea for your problem. sorry

Julien
Julien
alif
Staff
Staff

Hi @VJS,

Are you facing the same issue on all locations or just the first location is rolled out for now?

Perhaps try using another interface on FGT40F and see if it improves the situation.

Regards,
SFA
VJS
New Contributor

Hi, this is happening in all sites that are using PPPoE connections. Sites that have Dynamic connection to the modem are fine.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors