Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rskay
New Contributor

Fortigate 40C - How to unblock URL

Hi, I am using a Fortigate 40C and i would like to know how to remove a URL if it is blocked by the Fortigate FW.
7 REPLIES 7
TheJaeene
Contributor

Hi rskay, take a look at the WebFilter Profile
santonic

jkassner wrote:
Hi rskay, take a look at the WebFilter Profile
I'm trying to make an exception for wicar.org to test IPS.

However all my atempts to white list it were unseccusful so far. Malware URLs are malware.wicar.org/data/name-of-file.extension

I tried:

- *wicar.org as wildcard

- *wicar.org/data as wildcard

- malware.wicar.org as simple

- malware.wicar.org/data as simple

But all test files are still blocked by Web filter instead of IPS.

Dipen
New Contributor III

There are two ways to do the same. 1. As jkassner said you can use a URL Filter and add the URL to the list as Allow or exempt. 2.Create a custom Category, recategorise the said URL to Custom category and set the custom category to allow, If you have Multiple Web Filter Profiles then Option1 can be different for each Profile. Option 2 will be same for each Profile. Depending you can choose Option1 or Option2. Thanks & Regards

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Mahmood_Fraidoon
New Contributor

Enable Web Site Filter didn' t work with me for a site that is having VeriSign certificate. SSL inspection is not allowing me to access it.
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

what' s the site?
i2analytical

I got the same problem with page: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/

can you help me  ?

I add exception and page still blocking images 

Spiderpork
New Contributor

for example I usually create a CustomCategory called Whitelist4All (if I need to apply it to all my webfilter profile ) and use CategoryOvveride to put an url into that category.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors