Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
James_G
Contributor III

Fortigate 30E

I have a requirement for a small cheap firewall for some small remote sites. The throughput specs of the 30E are enough on paper, anyone with experience. Is the version of FortiOS on the device fully feature matching with the bigger models?

2 REPLIES 2
Alby23
Contributor II

Datasheet related to Fortinet products are always real, no doubt about that.

The important things is to consider the proper "lines" on the datasheet in order to effectively dimension the Firewall (firewall throughput is not so important if you plan to use UTM inspection, for example).

James_G
Contributor III

Not using any UTM or VPN on this firewall (or other CPU heavy features), just plain old packet forwarding. I need to the firewall to handle 80mb/s and the data sheet spec is 950mb/s - so performance is OK. This is not an edge firewall, its sitting on a private MPLS, all the UTM is done at our border 300D units.

My concern is based on feature compatibility, checking that the low end models can do everything the big models can, VLAN tagging on the ports, filtering by device MAC address, VIP / NAT / port forward etc etc.

Anything that will catch me out?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors