Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hboswell
New Contributor

Fortigate 30D - VPN configuration

I' ve been looking at all the VPN configuration guides I can find, and for IPSEC they all refer to a VPN menu on the admin tool. But the admin tool for my 30D doesn' t have that - there' s a combined Firewall/VPN menu, and the only VPN choice seems to be SSL. Does the 30D not support IPSEC? Or is there a feature I need to enable? Thanks, Harry
13 REPLIES 13
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi guys, As an FYI, the 30Ds actually support policy based VPNs via the GUI, it' s only the interface based VPNs that need to be configured via the CLI. Of course if you need to reconfigure the phase1/2 after you' ve created them in the policy you' ll need to do it via the CLI.
farolito
New Contributor

Many thanks, the VPN rules!
Mordak

I was surprised to see the FortiWifi30D with the option to make a IPSEC VPN from the new policy window. We were buying FG40C' s and they had the option then started buying the FG30D' s as they were cheaper. A FG30D (the non wifi version) running 5.0.7 definitely does not have the GUI ability to make an IPSEC policy.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Who wants to create policy based IPsec VPNs nowadays? Geez, please stick to interface based VPN, and if it needs be configured in CLI, then what...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors