Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
UnDocumented
New Contributor

Fortigate 200D : Time Zone and ...

i'm using fortigate 200D in my network and want to do some rules to our groups

I decide to make restricted Internet access to certain groups in particular Time.

does it need to be synced with our Time Zone Area?   (specially in daylight saving)

and other question is

how can i increase admin TTL?

when i login to console after 15 min it will disconnect from web console and i must login againg

is there anyway to increase this time?

Regards

2 Solutions
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

If you use time specific policies the device should know the correct time or it will execute them at the wrong times.

Simply go to System > Dashboard > Status and in the System Information Widget (If not present add it using the +Widget button) select [Change] next to the System Time

Select your correct time zone and hit OK.

If your device has no internet access you can either use Set Time to manually adjust it or use the Synchronize with NTP Server > Specify option to select an internal NTP Server.

You can adjust the Idle Timeout for Admin Session at System > Admin > Settings and increase the Idle Timeout

View solution in original post

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

times in a schedule are compared to the local clock of the Fortigate. In order to have schedules which match your office time you need to

[ul]
  • set the Fortigate's local time correctly
  • set the correct timezone of your location[/ul]

Usually you set a timeserver (NTP server) to keep the Fortigate's time accurate. Fortinet supplies their own NTP server as default (at least in the newest FortiOS versions).

The timeserver will set the FGT's time back and forth as DST demands so you don't have to look after that.

Second question: admin timeout

You set this in the GUI, "System">"Admin">"Settings", "Idle timeout". Numeric value in minutes.

• Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
    2 REPLIES 2
    gschmitt
    Valued Contributor

If you use time specific policies the device should know the correct time or it will execute them at the wrong times.

Simply go to System > Dashboard > Status and in the System Information Widget (If not present add it using the +Widget button) select [Change] next to the System Time

Select your correct time zone and hit OK.

If your device has no internet access you can either use Set Time to manually adjust it or use the Synchronize with NTP Server > Specify option to select an internal NTP Server.

You can adjust the Idle Timeout for Admin Session at System > Admin > Settings and increase the Idle Timeout

ede_pfau
    Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

times in a schedule are compared to the local clock of the Fortigate. In order to have schedules which match your office time you need to

[ul]
  • set the Fortigate's local time correctly
  • set the correct timezone of your location[/ul]

Usually you set a timeserver (NTP server) to keep the Fortigate's time accurate. Fortinet supplies their own NTP server as default (at least in the newest FortiOS versions).

The timeserver will set the FGT's time back and forth as DST demands so you don't have to look after that.

Second question: admin timeout

You set this in the GUI, "System">"Admin">"Settings", "Idle timeout". Numeric value in minutes.

• Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
    Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors