Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pollognr911
New Contributor

Fortigate 100F does not sync with FortiCloud

Dear, please help me in this case:

I have a Fortigate 100F which was return to the factory and configured as an edge in another datacenter.

The internet provider gave us a private WAN IP x.x.x.x; but to go out to the internet, we must do it through a secundary WAN IP y.y.y.y.

The Firewall was already registered in FortiCloud before the factory reset. Currently it appears registered in FortiCloud.

The system information on the dashboard confirms the WAN IP y.y.y.y; but when trying to connected to FortiCloud it gives us "FortiGate Cloud Internal Error".

When generating a PING using the CLI witch the source-ip y.y.y.y to the service.fortiguard.net URL, I do manage to reach it, but when I connected to the internet, it gives me the aforementioned error.

When reviewing the traffic I see that in the rule Implicit Deny the origin y.y.y.y with destination to the Fortinet DNS, port TCP/853 es accepted.

2 REPLIES 2
AnthonyH
Staff
Staff

Hello pollognr911,

Could you have a look at this article where you can set the source ip for FortiGate to FortiCloud:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Configuring-source-IP-address-on-FortiGate...

if it does not work can you run the following debugs and paste the output here:
diagnose test application forticldd 1

dia debug en

Technical Support Engineer,
Anthony.
FortiArt
Staff
Staff

Would you please confirm if the following is what you've on configured on fortigate:

configure system central-management

set type fortiguard

end

In addition you can check this troubleshooting article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-FortiCloud-connection-failure/ta-p/1...

Hope this helps

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors