Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
svm
New Contributor

Fortigate 100D

hello all, i haave this setup with the fortigate 100D: my question is: 1. what configuration will fit my netwotk setup? will i do it in transparent mode or route mode? can i do a basic firewall config on it even if it is configured in router or transparent mode? 2. i cannot access the fortinet 100D default ip.. even if i already reset it in factory default setting through cli.. i already have the 192.168.1.2 in my laptop and i cannot ping the 192.168.1.99 which is the fortigate 100D. thanks
19 REPLIES 19
svm
New Contributor

hi sir, thanks for your reply.. regarding the error which i post lately. i come up to this solution, then i can access everything on the internet.
svm
New Contributor

how ever.. i have a problem: 1. if i try to create wan 2 for dual wan, the status for both DHCP and PPPoE fails
svm
New Contributor

and i also have this problem:
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Take rwpatterson advice walk b4 running. Now in your dual wan let' s work on that 1st. Are these interfaces connected to your provider via static dhcp or pppoe since you mention the later 2? if it' s via DHCP and PPPoE and your retrieving the default-gateway from the provider what does your route table looking from the routing monitor? If your static addressing these interfaces ( more preferred setup imho ) than once again do you have the correct addresses? What does your route table look like from the monitor. next can you ping the gateways from the fortinet directly ( go to the console ' execute ping x.x.x.x ' where x.x.x.x is your next-hop-gateways ) Get your dual wan setup 1st b4 trying to enable any profiles with webfiltering.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
svm
New Contributor

hi emnoc, as for my dual wan: my wan 1 is routing, i can see it in my routing table.. however, my wan 2 cannot be seen on the routing table thanks
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Your screen shot showing WAN2 is not showing any valid IP address assigned to the Interface. What type of modem is connected to that port? It should be operating in a bridged router mode. Are you able to connect a laptop/computer directly to that modem to confirm it is properly working?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
svm
New Contributor

hi sir, the type of modem for wan2 is DSL connection. the one commonly use in household.. is there a specific modem to use for fortinet? waht type of modem is suitable for fortinet to work? is it necessarily to use a leased line? thanks
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The DSL modems I am familiar with (in our part of the world) are those capable of operating in either router or modem (or bridged router) mode and require PPPoE authentication. These modems have an Ethernet port (operating at either 10 or 100 full duplex) connection, to which you can connect your computer or router to. Up to now, you have provided minimal info about your modem/fgt setup nor what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, which makes it difficult for us on the forum to provide assistance. Without detailed information, I would have to guess your modem (on WAN2) requires PPPoE authentication and you a) have not provided the correct login info (or you are using the same login info on both modems), b) not rebooted the modem since connecting it to the fgt, c) possible speed/duplex mismatch.

svm
New Contributor

ho all, how do i apply license to my fortigate 100D? is there a step by step guide for licensing the fortigate? thanks
Fullmoon
Contributor III

pls check to whom your unit was registered?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors