Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dustwynn
New Contributor

Fortigate 100D - USB to Console

I need to do a clean install on a 100D firewall. I need to connect to it via CLI. I have a USB to RJ-45 cable and was wondering what program is best to use? Putty? Also, how do I figure out what COM port the USB is using? Would it be easier to use a crossover cable? Our network guy said it will not boot to web interface and has asked me to do this. 

Sorry for the noob question. It has been 10 years since I've connect to console on a device. Just looking for a little guidance. 

12 REPLIES 12
dustwynn

Guys, I got it finally! Yesterday the only MGMT port is saw was the USB one. This morning I thought I'd give it one last shot and saw the ethernet MGMT under the DMZ port, then it all made sense. Feel like such a noob for missing that port.

dustwynn

Now I am getting this. I think its shot.

Seppel

not good :) please try this, look here

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=141769

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors