Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
neoian1277
New Contributor

Fortigate 100D GUI Hanging

Hi guys 

We have a couple Fortigate 100D in the network and they recently started having some strange behavior, so i thought i'd share the problem perhaps find out if there is a solution.

So we are running two Fortigate 100D with v5.2.3,build0670 on them both however we are getting alot of hanging and lagging on them when opening the Fortiview page the 'now' tab usually works but selecting any other longer time range such at 5mins or 1 hour etc will just sit there with the spinning loading symbol eventually the whole GUI will also hang, when trying to refresh the page in the browser the gui is no longer reachable however it is still able to be pinged and there is also SSH access to the device. We did think there was a cpu or memory issue but checking from the CLI we can see idle cpu around 90% and over 2GB free memory.

If i kill the httpsd process from CLI i can log into the GUI again for awhile until trying to check the logs or fortiview again

Any info on this would be really helpful, thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
BWiebe
Contributor

I'd probably update the firmware on those.

They're 4 versions back from current.

I recall similar issues with earlier version of 5.2.X and they were corrected in at least 5.2.5.

As always, before doing so, check the firmware upgrade path to make sure you've done them in proper order.

Brent

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

It could also be an issue with the internal disk (filesystem corrupted, bad blocks...).

There should be messages on the Console port TTY when accessing the FortiView history then.

To correct: boot, interrupt, format boot disk, reload FortiOS from TFTP server, reload config from backup file. Not for the fainthearted but feasable.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
neoian1277
New Contributor

Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback, so after updating them to 5.4 everything is back on track with no lag or hanging like it did before. Thanks for the help

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors