Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
onwegkarl
New Contributor

Forticonverter

So we are working on migrating from 600D's to 200F's. After speaking with our fortinet account team, they suggested the forticonverter service. Seemed pretty cheap, and would save us time from trying to manually change things around, sounded good to me. I looked up the part number, i mentioned i thought it was FC-10-F200F-189-02-12, but i wasnt sure.

The quote came back with FDP-SINGLE-USE, they said it covers everything on the PO for what we wanted.

We got all the gear and i got an email with a single bulk key for the 6 200f units, the key says its a "bulk forticloud key". When i try to add it under our account it says CS must add a bulk key. The forticonverter program talks about a license file being needed, which i dont have. The online forticonverter doesnt show any eligible products, given i havent added the 200Fs yet, i plan to do that tomorrow when back in the office.

We will be deploying these locally, so ZTP or remote deployment isnt something we need or talked about.

Is forticonverter covered under FDP? or did our account team sell us the wrong SKU? they said to email CS so i sent everything over to them and have a ticket open and waiting to hear back.

omegle xender
1 REPLY 1
amouawad
Staff
Staff

If you got the Enterprise Bundle then the FortiConverter service comes part of it:

FC-10-F200F-811-02-DD Enterprise Protection (IPS, Advanced Malware Protection, Application Control, URL, DNS & Video Filtering, Antispam, Security Rating, IoT Detection, Industrial Security, FortiConverter Svc, and FortiCare Premium)

If you didn't get the Enterprise bundle then you'll need FC-10-F200F-189-02-12 for each firewall you want the converter service.

FDP-SINGLE-USE is the ZTP bulk key that allows you register all devices with a single code for ZTP provisioning, but has nothing to do with the converter service.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors