Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sys_pf
New Contributor II

ForticlientToos

Hi everyone,I´m use forticlient 7.0.7 and it´s work fine. My problem at when i use Fortisslvpnclient from SSL VPN command line it's connect to vpn but the network adapter not have ip correctly. The dhcp server is active. If i connect that Fortisslvpn it´s work correctly.

Capture.PNG

Has anyone had this problem?

NSE4
NSE4
14 REPLIES 14
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello sys_pf,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Martin_H
New Contributor

Hi,

YES, I have a same problem like you...

I try lot of things, with the same result... btw route table is not changed too...

SW ver.: FortiClientTools_7.0.7.0345

BR Martin

btan
Staff
Staff

Hi sys_pf,

I did a quick test and issue is able to reproduce.

But as long as a proper SSLVPN login via FCT full version GUI has been made, it will no longer be able to reproduce. This is an interesting behavior.

To escalate this, kindly raise a TAC ticket via FortiCare, as fortisslvpnclient.exe is supposed to be used by Fortinet customer with a valid support license.

Regards,
Bon
Zotes
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have tested that if you assign the static IP manually on the Fortinet SSL VPN network card it works and is able to generate traffic.

It only happens on SSL tunnels, IPSec tunnels work without problems. I have tried several versions of Forticlient and now it happens with all of them.

sys_pf
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have tried with version 7.0.0 and it works, but with 7.0.2 and onwards not work anymore.

NSE4
NSE4
Zotes
New Contributor

Good,

I've tried 7.0.0 and it doesn't assign me any IP either.

The network card stays at 169.254.X.X.

Hopefully it will be solved with 7.0.8.

What operating system do you have? All my problems have been when upgrading to W11.

sys_pf
New Contributor II

I have windows 10, let's wait for the 7.0.8

NSE4
NSE4
Abujamra

Hi,

I had the same issue with only one single W11 machine. It was already rebuilt (W11 reinstalled) but Forticlient VPN doesn't assign a valid IP. If I set manually the IP informed on the VPN application, it works like a charm. That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen (ver 7.0.5.0238 abd 7.0.7.0345).

Martin_H

Hi,

did you tested with a new version of the SSLVPNclient (7.2.0.0690)?

In my case, no change, still doesnot work...

Do you have a different experiences?

BR Martin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors