Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Xavien
New Contributor

Forticlient upgrades through EMS

I would like to know if there are any plans in the future to resolve the issue of forticlient upgrades and having to reboot every single time. This of course is causing serious problems for me across our group. I have production servers that need the antivirus installed and yet I have to manually install any upgrades and only at specific times at night. I have many users who are using the SSL vpn who sometimes find themselves in the middle of an upgrade whilst out of the office. This leads to user having no vpn access as the prior client is deleted. I also have people who cannot reboot their pcs during the day which also means I have many pcs causing a security threat across the group as they have no client installed untill the reboot. Will this ever be fixed? I am under pressure to rethink our software strategy.

1 REPLY 1
AEK
Honored Contributor

Welcome to Windows.

More seriously you are right, if FCT service needs to be restarted after update then why the whole PC is rebooted?

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors