Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zlimmen
New Contributor

Forticlient update servers

Hi,

does anyone have a full list of forticlient update servers?

we have a "safe" network with no internet access, but i want to make a policy that will allow the forticlient to update, but in order to do so i need a list of forticlient update servers.

currently i allow "update.fortiguard.net, service.fortiguard.net" but no updates. I can ping the servers from the safe network.

anyone?

1 Solution
Somashekara_Hanumant

Hi,

You can go to C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient\vir_sig and you will see a file call fdni.conf. After click on the file, you will be able to see a list of update server. And the port used is tcp port 443 and udp port 8889.

Cheers,

Somu

EMEA Technical Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Somashekara_Hanumant

Hi,

You can go to C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient\vir_sig and you will see a file call fdni.conf. After click on the file, you will be able to see a list of update server. And the port used is tcp port 443 and udp port 8889.

Cheers,

Somu

EMEA Technical Support
zlimmen

Thank you so much, this was more helpful than the technical chat on fortinet service and support. :)

RolfW
New Contributor

Hello,

were can this be configured in the FortiClient Enterprise Mgmt Server or FortiManager? Thank you. Rolf

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors