Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mrkiyak
New Contributor

Forticlient unable to access image servers

Hello everyone. 

We get the latest setup on 17th Agust 2020 for Forticlient VPN. 

We get an error message like "forticlient unable to access image servers" while installing this app on windows 10 pro machine. 

Couldy you please help us what we should do next ? 

Thanks.

a few hours later ...

We switched off local home network and switched on 5G mobile network as hostspot. 

We connected to the net via hotspot and the forticlient vpn setup progress continued. 

Do you have any ideas for that situations ?

Thank you very much

11 REPLIES 11
hs123
New Contributor II

I cannot believe that switching to my mobile's hotspot worked! I have been searching the internet and trying all kinds of complex solutions for over 5 hours. THANK YOU for posting this!!!!

boston-bastion
New Contributor

This is seriously messed. Confirmed. Image servers accessible via mobile hotspot, while home broadband cannot reach image servers.

Poovarasu
Staff
Staff

Also in case if switching between 5G/4G mobile Hotspot doesn't work please try

Chocolatey Software - Package installer

austinkrones412
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

Regarding the issue you encountered while installing Forticlient VPN on your Windows 10 Pro machine and receiving the "Forticlient unable to access image servers" error message, it seems that switching from your local home network to a 5G mobile Net as a hotspot allowed the setup progress to continue.

In such situations, it's possible that your local network settings or firewall may be causing the issue. By using a different network connection, you bypassed those potential restrictions. If you continue to experience any further difficulties or have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you very much for your time and information provided.

Mahesh2

Hi team,

I am facing issue while connecting fortinet VPN. 'Unable to access image server'. i switched from wifi network to mobile hotspot and vice-versa but got no luck. disable firewall , still it is not working. Please give me the solution asap.

Thanks & Regards

Mahesh V.

marcusogden
New Contributor

Hi, I am also seeing this error "Unable to access image servers" when attempting to install FortiClient VPN 7.0 on a Windows 10 Enterprise PC. If this is a firewall issue, what IP addresses do we need to open up in our firewall to allow your installer to access your image servers?

kvimaladevi

Hi marcusogden,

Could you confirm if you have downloaded the Forticlient from the support portal support.fortinet.com?

Regards,
Vimala

marcusogden

kvimaladevi

Hi marcusogden,

Thank you for the update. Could you try downloading from support.fortinet.com to check if the error is still there.

Regards,

Vimala

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors