Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cronos6
New Contributor II

Forticlient shuts all internet access on Mac OS

Hi,

I have a problem with forticlient 7.2.2.0776 on Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.2.

When I'm connected to forticlient for a specific customer, I can't access Internet at all (email, Teams, web browser...). However, when I log on to the same customer via forticlient on a Windows computer I don't have the problem.

So it seems like an issue related to my Mac. But what is strange is that I have another customer who uses forticlient and when I log on to that customer on the same Mac, I have access to internet, so it doesn't seems related to my Mac after all.

I'm very confused and don't know where the restriction is

- Is it something that I should do on my Mac (but if yes why it's working for another customer on the same mac?)

- Is it something that the admins of my customer should do on their side (if yes, do you know what they should do?)

Regards

Yoan.

1 Solution
AEK

Hello

Yes he can do that.

Either ask him to allow your mac to connect to internet through VPN, or ask him to enable split tunnel for you.

In case he doesn't help, then as very last resort you can modify your routing table to create split tunnel.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

Check if you are in split tunnel mode.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Enabling-split-tunnel-feature-for-SSL-VPN/...

Split tunnel mode allows you connect to internet not via VPN tunnel.

In case you are not in split tunnel mode then your FortiGate admin may have blocked Internet traffic for through VPN connection.

AEK
AEK
cronos6
New Contributor II

Hi AEK,

No I'm not in split tunnel mode.

Can an admin block internet traffic on mac os only? because if I log on to the same account on a Windows computer it works.

Regards

Yoan.

AEK

Hello

Yes he can do that.

Either ask him to allow your mac to connect to internet through VPN, or ask him to enable split tunnel for you.

In case he doesn't help, then as very last resort you can modify your routing table to create split tunnel.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors