Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ian2
New Contributor

Forticlient setup issues

I have recently installed the trial EMS server to manage my endpoints.

I have created and installed the client on some of the users PC in the Domain. Manually registered them, all looks OK.

I created a group and assigned a profile to it and the client was pushed out to the client PC's (VinceC2-7 - Win7 SP1) using the EMS console.

Dashboard shows the unit, the AV version, and the profile, but says that it is not registered and I am not seeing an option.

The client displays differently as well. The VinceC2-7 PC is on the left and the Spare-06 PC is on the right. The client was installed manually on this PC. It displays better on the server that the one pushed out by EMS.

I am not 100% sure about the EMS server, I am seeing problems with it displaying content, it takes a long time. like it is having issues talking to AD?

Does anyone have experience with this behaviour and some suggestions as to where I should start looking?

Any help would be grateful.

(I have been trying to get this to work for almost 2 months and only have one day on my trial. i have requested an extension to see if can make this stuff work. Before I agree to replacing the Symantec.)

1 REPLY 1
RD5
New Contributor

From the picture it looks like the client hasn't gotten the policy from the EMS server and the other one is updating or trying to.  One thing I have noticed with EMS is that it can take a while for them to register and depending on machine GPO settings etc they may not at all.  I have had a few machines that I had to register manually to the EMS server and then it worked just fine. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors