Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wmusch
New Contributor

Forticlient on windows server 2022 with remote desktop users

Hi, we have (as the title said) an Windows server 2022 with 2 remote desktop users. It's a cloud workspace with some applications installed. But they need also the Forticlient (we use version 7.0.2.0090). The remote users are not member of the administrator group but have full rights within their own workspace.

But installing FortiClient will not succeed; for some reason the application will not be installed.

When we make these two remote users member of the Administrator group the Forticlient will install succesfully. But as you understand there are some disadvantages on this approach. For one we don't want remote users within the administrator groep. And also if we install the  client as user1 the second remote user2 has the same instance. That we do not want either.

So just a quick question: is it even possible to install the client on a windows 2022 server with two remote desktop users independent from each other? Or what is the alternative? (if any). We can (but for the costs not like to do so) create just one remote desktop user per server.

Perhaps there is some one out there who has a spendid idea to make this happen.

Thanks for the time reading and thinking with us.

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Did you try to have a look in our Knowledge Base? You may find an article which could provide a solution.

Just select Knowledge Base, the concerned product and you can easily make a search in our search bar.

Do not hestiate to come back to us if you do not find the solution.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
wmusch

Thanks Anthony_E

thanks for pointing me into the right direction. I did try to search in the Knowledge base but find no answer to my question

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Sorry to hear that.

I will try to find somebody to provide you the answer.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors