Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TJNIHAL
New Contributor

Forticlient not connecting from outside network

Hi  I have successfully configured Forticlient VPN using this cookbook http://cookbook.fortinet....n-with-forticlient-56/

VPN is not connecting if I try to connect from outside network or through Wifi I got the attached error it successfully get connected in the local network where FortiGate device is. PC : Windows 10, FG Device : FG-60D, Firmware version : 5.4.6-build1165

Forticlient version : 5.6.6.1167(latest version) Any suggestion appreciated

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Jirka1
Contributor III

Are you connecting an IP address or using a DNS name? If using DNS name - did you have right record in public resolvers?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Any IPSec vpn troubleshooting always starts with confirming reachablility, pinging IP/name while sniffing at FGT side. When you see them in sniffing, you now know the source (NATed) IP address, so that you can use it to filter IKE debugging.

diag debug reset

diag vpn ike log-filter dst-addr4 [the_source_IP]

diag debug app ike -1

diag debug ena

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I would  1st make sure the  diag snifffer packet <insert the expected interface > "port 500 and 4500" shows your hitting the fortigate.

Also  double check proposals ( is aggressive  mode set, keyid type, pre-share key  etc....)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors