Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gbollinger
New Contributor II

Forticlient macOS 14 Sonoma compatibilty

Is Forclient 7.2.1 compatible with macOS 14 Sonoma?

3 REPLIES 3
akanibek
Staff
Staff

@gbollinger,

there is an internal ticket for supporting macOS Sonoma in the upcoming future releases. However, in the Release notes of FCLient (Free version) macOS 14 is not listed as supported. You can try and test, may be 13 and 14 are compatible.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.1/macos-release-notes/471180/product-integration-...

Asset
NinjaMeeu
New Contributor

I upgraded to Sonoma - and lo and behold - forticlient stopped working.

The error as seen in fortitraylog: 

20231023 17:32:23 TZ=+0200 [FortiTray:EROR] vpnconnection.mm:695 Error Domain=FctHttp Code=1 "(null)" UserInfo={description=HTTP response not finished}
20231023 17:32:24 TZ=+0200 [FortiTray:EROR] vpnconnection.mm:732 Stop on error: Can not connect to VPN server.

FIX (I don't know if this was a real fix - rather a workaround for now):

1. ran a resolve on the VPN GW I was using to get the IP address
  2. also confirmed an SSL connection was possible to the IP by using Netcat 
    nc -v GW_IP <GW_PORT> 

3. Changed the GW PROXY to the IP address instead of the DNS or FQDN (fully qualified domain name) name
  4. A SSL cert warning appeared (and I suspect this was the root cause issue, and sort of masked because of the DNS proxy name validating with the SSL cert name)
    1. Accept the cert in the pop up warning
  5. CONNECTED!!! 

You can now change the GW proxy back to the DNS name value - for me it still worked

ndawedua
New Contributor

I got hesitation as follows:
1 - I updated MacOS Sonoma to 14.2.1
2 - I removed the previous version of fortclient 7.2.2.0776
3 - I installed the new version 7.2.3.0822

The following table lists FortiClient (macOS) 7.2.3 product integration and support information:

This version is now available for Sonoma

Captura de ecrã 2023-12-22, às 12.25.18.png

Info: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.3/macos-release-notes/471180/product-integration-...

Forticlient - 7.2.3.0822Forticlient - 7.2.3.0822MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Ndawendua Neto
Ndawendua Neto
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors