Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
okrautang
New Contributor

Forticlient issues in this sub making me think twice

I am coming from mainly deploying Cisco and their AnyConnect client for vpn . I have no issues with the fortigates firewalls and feel comfortable that they they replace my deployments for clients , but seeing all these VPN issues relating to the Fortinet client here is making me think twice . Even on the Cisco sub you don’t see too many issues . This even the case with their newer FTDs . All that have or are still dealing with Cisco AnyConnect, how has your transition to Forticlient compare ? It seems like there issues with free or even the licensed one when you get the EMS server . Am I over thinking this ? I just don’t want to add something else to lose sleep over . Thank you in advance…

192.168.0.1 router login 192.168.l.l
1 REPLY 1
gfleming
Staff
Staff

As with all vendors there are different software versions and some are more stable than others. There are three active software trains at any given time. You will likely be OK if you stick with the more mature train. Best thing to do is try it out for yourself and see how it works in your environment. There are many variables that come into play with regards to overall stability.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors