Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
srademan
New Contributor II

Forticlient install for ARM processors

I have purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro X and the Forticlient agent and application will not install.  Can someone give me guidance on how to get it installed or if they are working on developing support for ARM processors?

15 REPLIES 15
claudiomssousa

Hello Is not possible to use SSL in the forticlient app available in windows store. You need to ask you network admin to give you the IPSEC IP. Then: 

https://yourservername:10443?ice=1 Hope this helps.

tje

claudiomssousa wrote:

Hello Is not possible to use SSL in the forticlient app available in windows store. You need to ask you network admin to give you the IPSEC IP. Then: 

https://yourservername:10443?ice=1 Hope this helps.

Of course, is possible to use an SSL VPN. You wrote the opposite. There is no support for IPsec Btw this is so stupid. Fortinet should start to work on ARM support because ARM will be in more and more computers. 

Alora65

Hi claudiomssousa, did you find out how to use VPN client in a Surface Pro X on arm? We hav the same problem and Forti has done nothing since 2019...

dduncanbci
New Contributor

Currently you can only use the extremely basic version from the Microsoft Store. I was able to install this version and get it working, though I would not suggest it for a long term solution. I have not been able to find documentation of them working on ARM support yet as we are also looking for full Forticlient support on the Surface Pro X.

APEC_KY
New Contributor

Certainly would be nice if the FortiClient app would install with a MS Surface Pro X in the year 2022.

What is the point of paying fees for the FW and licenses.

I see other posts that the FortiClient doesn't work with Apple's M1 chip either.

Tsk tsk tsk tsk

Alora65

Yes, I'm thinking about not using Forti any more...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors