Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
iluntasun
New Contributor

Forticlient in Windows 10

Hello, I am testing Windows 10, but I can't seem to be able to connect to our FortiNet.

Forticlient gets stuch at 98% for a while, then disconnects. I have tried all solutions that worked for me in the past when I had the same problem in Windows 8.1, to no avail.

Is this being worked on?

Thanks,

Tanausu

1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

The upcoming FortiClient 5.2.4 release supports Windows 10. Both IPsec VPN and SSL VPN work correctly.

FortiClient 5.4.0 Beta 3 should also support Windows 10.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
midnightz
New Contributor

I'm having an issue where my SSL connections do not work via the forticlient but IPSec connections do.  I've upgraded windows to 10 64bit and installed 5.2.4 on top of 5.2.3.  I've used the fcremove.exe to clean up the installs, I've even scoured through regedit and wiped out all fortilcient entries, still no dice.  I've opened a ticket with forinet and we ran diagnostics etc.  Here's what the fortinet tech got (below).  I really don't want to revert back to 8.1 but might have to if  I don't find a fix.  Anyone experience this and found a fix?

- Following an upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10, a host is no longer able to ping through any FGT via SSL VPN. - This is not happening on another machine that was upgraded so the issue is limited to the one PC. - It is still able to connect via IPsec. - Re: SSL you can connect and traffic is showing as flowing both directions. - Using a packet sniff we saw pings hitting and passing through the FGT but not returning using various IPs, on various FGTs including the interface IP. - We uninstalled FCT, ran FC remove, reinstalled FCT 5.2.4, restarted the PC no change.

Something tells me this is the fortissl adapter issue since the IPSec adapter works perfectly fine.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

midnightz, how did you install 5.2.4, upgrade or uninstall/re-install? did you ping an IP or FQDN?

midnightz

Chris.Lin wrote:

midnightz, how did you install 5.2.4, upgrade or uninstall/re-install? did you ping an IP or FQDN?

I ran the update to 5.2.4.  Did not do a clean uninstall/re-install.  I ping by IP and nothing.  No icmp, no any kind of traffic.

Update:

Here is more tshooting i did. I actually reverted back my OS to 8.1. I uninstalled forticlient and then upgraded to windows 10 and then installed forticlient 5.2.4. Same issue exists. I can VPN to ipsec tunnels and it's working fine. When i connect to sslvpn, it connects but still cannot ping anything on the network.  This all used to work fine before upgrade to windows 10 and client 5.2.4.

venkat1234
New Contributor

Software is very frustrating.  Unfortunately been dealing with frustrating VPN connection for 1+ year, plenty of time lost.   On Windows 10, I Can't uninstall, can't connect to office vpn.

Running 5.2.4.0650

After upgrading to Windows 10, uninstalled 5.2.3 version as it didn't work.

After install, connected to office VPN once and issue started soon after that session.

shutdown Forticlient permanently greyed out unlike in windows 8.1

Always see bogus message with "VPN Connection Failure"

VPN Connection failed.  Please check your configuration....

(std message).  

Absolutely no misconfiguration of preshared key, password.

Any help is appreciated!!.  

Thanks

Venkatesh

Note:  It wan't any better in Windows 8.1 constant vpn connection failure for most of the folks in my company, windows 7 was

better.  They figured out a workaorund typing in incorrect password and getting failed message and then typing in correct password to get a sucessfull vpn connection.  

kolawale_FTNT

midnightz, venkat1234,

Consider reporting these issues to Fortinet support: support.fortinet.com. It will offer an opportunity to review these issues with Support Engineers.

You can post your ticket number(s) here.

renatof
New Contributor

Hi,

I installed last version of forticlient and it looks bad :( Did someone have similar situation or have solution for problem like in picture?

Kind regards,

Renato.

mdra801108
New Contributor

I have also problem with Windows 10:

Forticlient 5.2.4

IPSec working fine

SSLVPN not working (connect successful, no traffic)

But, Forticlient 5.2.3

IPSec working fine

SSLVPN working fine

Regards

Chris_Lin_FTNT

mdra801108,

Please report the issue to Fortinet support and get it reviewed.

Thanks.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

renotof,

I saw this when I installed FortiClient to a slow VM. It seemed that the GUI didn't get a chance to refresh.

mb_456
New Contributor

Hello,

I have similar problem. When I am using forti client 5.2.4 as a ssl client everything seems to be ok but the connection does not work.

I compared routing table after connection to ssl vpn on windows xp and on win 10. There are some differences. On win 10 vpn client added the routes with default gateway which does not exist in my vpn configuration.  Therefore I can not ping default gateway from address pool assigned by Fortinet Virtual Adapter.

Regards.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors