Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
t_krawaczynski
New Contributor II

Forticlient iOS 16 problem

hello everyone i have problem with forticlient 7.0.7.0070 app in iphone 12/14 on ios 16. Tested on several devices, same problem everywhere.
Once configured, the app connects to the VPN once, after shutting down the app and reconnecting it pops up Error " Insufficient credentials(s). Please check the password, client certificate, etc." 

15 REPLIES 15
gfleming
Staff
Staff

No issues here with ios 16. What settings are you using to connect, especially for authentication? Passwords? Certs? Are you using any features like save password or auto connect?

Cheers,
Graham
t_krawaczynski
New Contributor II

I use password + certificate, additionally it saves the password. After using the application and adding it again, it only connects once and an error pops up

t_krawaczynski
New Contributor II

First connection OK, second error:

Closed while starting, canceled TunnelWithError : Optional(Error Domain=NEVPNErrorDomain Code=3 "Insufficient credential(s). Please check the password, client certificate, etc." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Insufficient credential(s). Please check the password, client certificate, etc.})
2022-12-29 13:11:37.663: authFailed message : Insufficient credential(s). Please check the password, client certificate, etc.
2022-12-29 13:11:37.664: authFailed : Insufficient credential(s). Please check the password, client certificate, etc.

credentials entered are sure to be correct

t_krawaczynski

I tested the submission and came up with this.

The application after connecting does not connect to the VPN, if we re-enter the certificate password is OK, if I close the application again I have a problem with starting.

Forticlient VPN does not save the certificate password!

gfleming

What do you mean it does not save the certificate password?

Cheers,
Graham
t_krawaczynski

In the passphrase window, enter the certificate password. If I configure account info, I connect to the VPN is OK, I disconnect I close the application does not work. Re-enter passphrase again will be OK

gfleming

Can you try these instructions for installing the certificate on the IOS device: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.0/ios-administration-guide/428118/ssl-vpn

Cheers,
Graham
t_krawaczynski

Graham, thanks for the hint. Unfortunately it doesn't work.

VPN SSL with FortiClient worked for me for a whole year only after updating to iOS 16 this problem appeared

gfleming

It sounds like a bug. Are you able to use FortiClient 7.0.6?

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors