Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
StuartFawcett
New Contributor II

Forticlient connects and WiFi drops SP3 Windows 10 upgraded

Hi,

As soon as i connect the Forticlient, the Wifi reports limited connectivity and internet browsing is not possible.

This Tablet was upgraded to W10 recently, OS diagnostics suggest one or more network protocols is missing when the VPN is active.

Tried a few things like un-installing and reinstalling Forticleint and 

[ul]
  • netsh winsock reset
  • https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/299357 [/ul]

Please can you suggest other ideas thanks?

• 8 REPLIES 8
    StuartFawcett
    New Contributor II

I Still can't find an answer for this any ideas anyone?

thanks

cmpan88_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

Please,  

- Does the vpn keep connected?

- Is it ipsec or sslvpn?

- "OS diagnostics suggest one or more network protocols is missing when the VPN is active." what about the icmp reachable to any targets when the VPN is active?

StuartFawcett

Thanks cmpan88,

The VPN says its connected yes.

And yes its SSLVPN

I can't browse or ping when the VPN is active.

Does that help identify something i should look at ?

Many thnaks

cmpan88_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

Do you have Dell VPN or DNE installed in the same machine?  There might be conflicting between drivers.   Please remove them to verify the issue.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

What tablet is this? Surface?

Do you want to try FortiClient Windows app for Windows 10?

StuartFawcett

Tried all the ideas, but nothing VPN will almost always drop within the first hour of use - leaving only a full PC reboot before it will allow re connection.

Tried Disabling and re-enabling NICs - waiting for a while etc etc.  It happens to many of my colleagues Home working windows sessions too.  Its just unreliable and nothing in the logs seems to help show the actual error to me.

17/02/2017 09:19:37 Error VPN FortiSslvpn: 6588: Ras : connection to fortissl failed : 0:5: 17/02/2017 09:21:31 Notice VPN id=96602 msg="SSLVPN service started successfully." vpntype=ssl 17/02/2017 09:21:31 Notice FortiShield id=12345 user=DBLOG_SOURCE_SYSTEM msg="FortiShield is enabled" 17/02/2017 09:33:35 Notice VPN date=2017-02-17 time=09:33:34 logver=1 type=traffic level=notice sessionid=xxxxhostname=xxxxxxxuid=xxxxxxxdevid=xxxxxxxfgtserial=N/A regip=N/A srcname=sslvpn srcproduct=N/A srcip=N/A srcport=N/A direction=outbound destinationip=sslvpn.xxxxxx remotename=N/A destinationport=443 user=N/A proto=6 rcvdbyte=N/A sentbyte=N/A utmaction=passthrough utmevent=vpn threat=connect vd=N/A fctver=5.4.0.0780 os="Microsoft Windows 10 , 64-bit (build 14393)" usingpolicy="" service= url=N/A userinitiated=0 browsetime=N/A 17/02/2017 09:33:36 Notice VPN date=2017-02-17 time=09:33:35 logver=1 type=traffic level=notice ............. fgtserial=N/A regip=N/A srcname=sslvpn srcproduct=N/A srcip=N/A srcport=N/A direction=outbound destinationip=sslvpn.xxxxxxxxxxx remotename=N/A destinationport=443 user=xxxxxx proto=6 rcvdbyte=N/A sentbyte=N/A utmaction=passthrough utmevent=vpn threat=disconnect vd=N/A fctver=5.4.0.0780 os="Microsoft Windows 10 , 64-bit (build 14393)" usingpolicy="" service= url=N/A userinitiated=0 browsetime=N/A 17/02/2017 09:33:42 Notice VPN date=2017-02-17 time=09:33:41 logver=1 type=traffic level=notice sessionid=39494080 hostname=..................... fgtserial=N/A regip=N/A srcname=sslvpn srcproduct=N/A srcip=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx srcport=N/A direction=outbound destinationip=sslvpn.xxxxxxxxxxx remotename=N/A destinationport=443 user=xxxxxx proto=6 rcvdbyte=1839 sentbyte=2517 utmaction=passthrough utmevent=vpn threat=connect vd=N/A fctver=5.4.0.0780 os="Microsoft Windows 10 , 64-bit (build 14393)" usingpolicy="" service= url=N/A userinitiated=0 browsetime=N/A 17/02/2017 09:33:42 Notice VPN id=96600 msg="SSLVPN tunnel status" vpnstate=connected vpntunnel=xxxx vpntype=ssl

Chris_Lin_FTNT

Please try this build that has a brand new SSL VPN driver: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cb0j4pxw1f8nq84/AABHzZW1bpx1VjzYAmiK00S9a?dl=0

This is a VPN only installer, and the driver is not Microsoft-signed. So you need to click "Install" on the pop-up Windows.

After install, please do the following to change registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn] "FtsslVnicEnabled" to 1.

1. Shutdown FortiClient. 2. Run cmd.exe as administrator, then run "sc stop fortishield". 3. Change that registry value to 1.

Please note that upgrade from previous version and to future version are not supported. However, backup config from your old FortiClient shall most likely be compatible with this one.

Please give it a try and report any issue back to forticlient-feedback@fortinet.com

Thanks.

g4danny

Hi,

I see this is 4 years later and I have been having the same problems - symptomatically speaking. Got FortiClient 6.0.4.0182 running on a Win 10 Pro v.1803 (build 17134.1130) x64 Dell Latitude 3590 machine and for several months now the FortiClient is unusable - it disconnects the internet connection immediately.  As I use FortiClient seldom, I cannot pinpoint the time, nor correlate with any OS update or anything else in the system.

The link mentioned above points to older versions of FortiClient. I wonder, do you have any more recent builds or any new advice to help me resolve this problem?

With Best Regards,

Daniel

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors