Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dan_newcombe
New Contributor

Forticlient claims it's not-compliant

I've run across this before, and had to disable the blocking of non-compliant clients, so I'm back to trying to solve it.

My FortiClient (5.6.6.1167) is claiming that it is not-compliant with the Fortigate.  The reason given when I click on Show Compliance Rules is (via an orange exclamation) "FortiClient Signatures are up-to-date"

Help|About on the client shows the AV Version is 59.00947, and (at least at time of posting), that is the most recent version showing here (https://fortiguard.com/learnmore#av)  

I don't know if it uses a different signature file, but the fortigate itself shows 60.00947 as the AV Signature version.

And of course, Fix Non-compliant Settings on the client does nothing - most likely because it is actually up to date.

Any idea where to start?  This just started (again) a few days ago.  

2 REPLIES 2
jpauling
New Contributor

This behavior in Linux is completely arbitrary - it found a bunch of things which were intended to be there. I.e Pen test tools. docker containers /chroots with old versions of JRE's needed for ILO/BMC etc; it really didn't like the fact I had a custom kernel either.

When digging into what it thought were issues I only actually saw two messages; one about an old JRE and for some reason it disliked my ntp client of choice?

dan_newcombe

I would think that would fall under the Vulnerability assessment.    We are not looking at that for compliance.  And of course, now it thinks everything is happy.    Interestingly - the Fortigate and Forticlient now both show the same AV signature version - 61.00120.    Going to have to watch that next time it complains.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors