Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhdbakker
New Contributor

Forticlient cannot be modified or removed while it is registered to a remote management

Hi,

I am Installing FortniClient  in My Laptop.

While Installing its giving an error - Forticlient cannot be modified or removed while it is registered to a remote management server

The Installation is not complete. Attached is the Screen Shot of Error. What is the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
SteveG
Contributor III

Looks like it's registered to an EMS server or FortiGate. Certainly within EMS you can change the profile settings so clients can de-register.

mhdbakker

Hi,

I am Installing in my Laptop. Previously Forticlient was Installed in my Laptop. But it was removed by Automatic updates done by Windows.

Hence I am reinstalling Forticlient again in my Laptop. During the installation time I am facing this issue.

There is no Fortigate in my Laptop.

So somewhere else in the Windows registry the previous installation data is there which is preventing the reinstallation.

Anybody know where to remove that entry?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors