Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mr-E
New Contributor

Forticlient blocks write or create access to the C:\Backup directory

Forticlient blocks access to the C:\Backup directory, prevents creating it or writing to it if it already exists.

We have a commercial software that requires saving files inside the C:\BACKUP directory, if the folder does not exist it creates it. We have been using it for several years without any problems.

We installed Forticlient on the computers in October-November, and it is in this month of February that we need to update that software on some computers; the updater sends an error message that it does not have access to the mentioned directory.

I checked then that in all the computers that use Forticlient, it is impossible to create the directory or write inside those that have it created for some other reason (a simple manual backup inside that folder made 2 years ago).

In the FEMS I have already added the exclusion in all the profiles; I have searched how to "pause protection" (I have not found it), but I deactivated all the protection modules and it still blocks the directory.

The only solution (not ideal) is to uninstall the FortiClient on the affected machines.

Is there any mechanism to disable the Forticlient protection? (Other products such as Avast allow to disable protection shields).

Regards

1 Solution
Mr-E
New Contributor

I did not receive any additional information, luckily I managed to open a support ticket.

Our problem is solved with FortiClient version 6.4.7

The previous version has a bug that prevents to create or modify the folder "C:\Backup" (no matter if it is upper or lower case).

Who knows what other folder names may have this same problem, time will tell.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Mr-E 

Welcome to Fortinet community and Thank you for your post. Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and doing well!

We see you have question related to Forticlient EMS. We will have this looked and will reach you back as soon as possible.

You should receive an update from one of the team member soon. Thanks for your patience on this.

Regards
Mr-E
New Contributor

I did not receive any additional information, luckily I managed to open a support ticket.

Our problem is solved with FortiClient version 6.4.7

The previous version has a bug that prevents to create or modify the folder "C:\Backup" (no matter if it is upper or lower case).

Who knows what other folder names may have this same problem, time will tell.

Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors