Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
andrejk
New Contributor

Forticlient blank screen

Lastest version 6.0.0.0067, win10pro PC all updated ,no antivirus , nothing special , everything works on other 100+ PCs. The screen goes blank right after starting the console with just a help option in the right corner. Tried reinsalling ,delete folder, registry entries. Anything else to try ? see pic attachment

1 Solution
cinsdikici

I am using W520 and Win10x64 (having 2 display adapter: Nvidia and Intel]. I have come accross with the same issue. The solution is about disabling Nvidia display driver from Device manager. [Right click on Computer icon, choose Manage, from Device Management, show Display Adapters. Right click on Nvidia and disable it].

Asst.Prof.Dr. Muhammed Cinsdikici, Ph.D. e-mail: cinsdikici@gmail.com mobile: +90(505) 891 9481 work : +90(232) 342 3232 ext:116

View solution in original post

Asst.Prof.Dr. Muhammed Cinsdikici, Ph.D. e-mail: cinsdikici@gmail.com mobile: +90(505) 891 9481 work : +90(232) 342 3232 ext:116
15 REPLIES 15
stpalme

Same problem here, German Windows 10 Ent 1709, FC 6.0.1. Happens only in minimal installation (Feature_Core,Feature_Basic,Feature_SSLVPN,Feature_VPN), when I install it with Feature_EndPointNAC, which I actually don't use, the FC console UI comes up normal.  I am also interested in that dll fix.

BR

Steffen

cbautista1986

Hello, can you help me please?
Do you have any procedure to solve it? thx

clemoine
New Contributor

Did anyone ever get a definite answer to this bug? It's still present in 6.0.4

neacsudanv

finally fixed it, it appears to have the same solution as the Visual Studio Installer Blank Screen, just use integrated graphics in NVidia Control Panel, link here: https://developercommunit...hows-blank-screen.html

cinsdikici

I am using W520 and Win10x64 (having 2 display adapter: Nvidia and Intel]. I have come accross with the same issue. The solution is about disabling Nvidia display driver from Device manager. [Right click on Computer icon, choose Manage, from Device Management, show Display Adapters. Right click on Nvidia and disable it].

francesco_caliari

Hi there,

I hope to help someone with this message.

The issue with the blanck screen is due to Node.js that is missing. (Click the link to see the error in command prompt)

Install the latest version of Node.js with all packages and then restart FortiClient. It worked just fine for me with the FortiClient VPN 6.4.1.1519.

I hope the developers will include an alert to communicate in some ways to install Node.js

I wish you good luck!

Stay safe and goodbye,

F.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors