Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marcandrebeland
New Contributor

Forticlient Windows10 App crashing windows settings page

Hello,

I've found a problem using the Forticlient App from the store. I was able to reproduce it on more than one computer.

[ul]
  • Install Forticlient on user A
  • Configure and use Forticlient VPN: Works fine
  • Install Forticlient on user B (same computer)
  • Configure Forticlient: The windows settings app crashes[/ul]

This is using domain accounts that are administrators or not. After uninstalling forticlient the issue persist.

I've tried setting a vpn configuration on two accounts without Forticlient and it works fine. So installing forticlient really breaks something in the setting page.

• 5 REPLIES 5
    kurtli_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

Hi there,

What the exact version of this forticlient you're using?

Thanks.

marcandrebeland

I've uninstalled it on all computers and i'm not installing it back. But it's the one avaiable on the store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/forticlient/9wzdncrdh6mc 

The release date shows it's been updated last Sunday, so it's possible the issue only occurs on this newer version.

kurtli_FTNT

Thanks for the information. Our engineer tested it on lab but was not able to reproduce it. Our windows was win10 Home@2017 64bit and the forticlient v1.0.1037 was downloaded from windows app store as well. The only difference is that no domain accounts were used in reproduce. 

marcandrebeland

We are using Win10 pro in a domain.

The users are using the french locale, may be another reason for the crash?

wietsed

Hello, 

We have the same problem. After some testing we found out that it depends on how you save the new vpn profile.

On some Dell laptops, if we use the touchpad click the UI crashes and the profile is not saved. On the same laptop if we use the touchpad physical (below the touchpad) button the UI does not crash and the profile is successfully saved. This is reproducable and happens always. 

Best regards 

edit: version v1.0.1037 

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors