Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
eastcoastmatt
New Contributor

Forticlient WebFilter is Blocking Microsoft Office Desktop Apps

Hi,

We're testing forticlient. Currently just in standalone client mode, but will be moving to EMS eventually if this works out.

In testing, I've seen a couple of issues with the WebFilter:

1. We use office365, and have the desktop applications installed. It seems to be blocking the applications at times. I haven't seen any adverse effects yet, but am worried there may be corruption issues if synching gets blocked. Specifically in my logs i'm seeing as per the image below. I'm not sure what the first line would be, but the other two would definitely be my OneDrive and Outlook clients. Those IP addresses are Microsoft IPs. I don't think unblocking all microsoft ip addresses is easy to do, but am curious how to avoid this from happening. 

2. The other issue I had was related to turning off the safe_search function via XML editing the conf file. I saw this tip on another thread relating to Youtube videos being blocked because of this. I'll update that thread, but the short story is it turns itself back on after a shutdown/restart of the Forticlient. So I had to put an exclusion in the Web Filter for *youtube.com in order to get this to work and keep working. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TribeNZ
New Contributor

Was this ever resolved? Looks like an old threat , but four years later we seem to have the same issue with a Webfilter blocking desktop apps? 

mle2802

Hi @eastcoastmatt,

Can you please collect the log on FCT to see why it is blocking the traffic?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors