Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
erwinrivait
New Contributor

Forticlient W32 intune app with profile

Hello,

I am trying to get a W32 app with Intune to install forticlient and the profile, but the profile won't succeed. Client will be installed but, the profile not. Can someone help me with that?

I used this powershell command as test. It did create the VPN profile, but when I delete fortigateclient and reboot and re-run powershell script, the profile doens't get created anymore.

How can I fix this?

# Restart Process using PowerShell 64-bit
If ($ENV:PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 -eq "AMD64") {
Try {
&"$ENV:WINDIR\SysNative\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe" -File $PSCOMMANDPATH
}
Catch {
Throw "Failed to start $PSCOMMANDPATH"
}
Exit
}
# Install FortiClient VPN
Start-Process Msiexec.exe -Wait -ArgumentList '/i FortiClient.msi REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn'
# Install VPN Profiles
if((Test-Path -LiteralPath "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn\Tunnels\LETSCONFIGMGRVPN") -ne $true) { New-Item "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn\Tunnels\LETSCONFIGMGRVPN" -force -ea SilentlyContinue };
New-ItemProperty -LiteralPath 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn\Tunnels\LETSCONFIGMGRVPN' -Name 'Description' -Value 'Lets ConfigMgr VPN' -PropertyType String -Force -ea SilentlyContinue;
New-ItemProperty -LiteralPath 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn\Tunnels\LETSCONFIGMGRVPN' -Name 'Server' -Value 'demovpn.someaddress.com' -PropertyType String -Force -ea SilentlyContinue;
New-ItemProperty -LiteralPath 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn\Tunnels\LETSCONFIGMGRVPN' -Name 'promptusername' -Value 1 -PropertyType DWord -Force -ea SilentlyContinue;
New-ItemProperty -LiteralPath 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn\Tunnels\LETSCONFIGMGRVPN' -Name 'promptcertificate' -Value 0 -PropertyType DWord -Force -ea SilentlyContinue;
New-ItemProperty -LiteralPath 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\Sslvpn\Tunnels\LETSCONFIGMGRVPN' -Name 'ServerCert' -Value '0' -PropertyType String -Force -ea SilentlyContinue;

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Erwin,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Erwin,

We are still looking an answer for your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Erwin,

I have found this document:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.0/intune-deployment-guide/196824/configuration

Could you please tell me if it helps?

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors