Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maerre
Contributor

Forticlient Vpn only - impossible to add new connection profile

Hello guys,

i'm using Forticlient vpn only - version 7.0.9.0493 and i already have configured five connection profiles, now i need to add a new profile, but once i create it, it is not shown in the profiles list.
This issue appears even with a newer version, so i'm wondering if there is a profile limit.
I've also noticed that after some time i'm not even able to modify the existing profiles anymore...
Another question if is there is a way to not manually reconfigure all the other profiles in case i should install another more recent version.

Thank you

1 Solution
Maerre

Just to update everybody, installing another version of FCT vpn resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi @Maerre 

I have FortiClient VPN 7.2.4 (free version) for Windows and I can create as many SSL VPN and IPSec VPN connection as I want, there seems no such limitation, and can edit any connection without issue.

Regarding the configuration, you can backup it up from System tab, then restore it once you upgrade your FCT VPN software. Note this backup/restore feature is available on 7.2.4 but I don't know for 7.0.9.

AEK
AEK
Maerre

Hello @AEK ,

thank you for the answers, i asked to my colleagues and they're able to create as many profiles as you said too..... i'm wondering why i'm not....

the first time i install a new FCT VPN software i can add/edit everything, after some months i'm stuck in this state, i can't understand why...

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Maerre,

It could be a FortiClient issue. Have you tried to reinstall it?

Regards, 

Maerre

Hi,

it was the solution for all the other times i had this issue.... i would like to understand why it appears because with the free version even if i export all the profiles, than i have to reconfigure them manually and i'd like to avoid this procedure every 6 months....

however i'm installing version 7.0.2....

Toshi_Esumi

Are you saying you can't even "Backup" the config? Then "Restore" the config after you uninstall the old one then reinstalled a new one?
I haven't had any problems for that operation since probably 5.x.x free version, FortiClient VPN. I'm now using 7.2.4.

<edit>By the way, you're unlocking it by clicking the "lock" icon on the very right, right?</edit>
FClock.png

Toshi

Maerre

yes it's unlocked, and yes, i'm saying that i'm able to export the configuration but then unable to import the settings, and so i need to manually re-insert all the profiles.

it always happens with all the version i used after some months...

however now i'm installing 7.0.1 version.... i'll let you know how it goes

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

@Maerre 

I'm thinking about few possible causes:

• The FCT VPN app may have lost disk writing permission (can happen in MacOS) -> Solution: Check app disk writing permissions
  • Antivirus or other security app decided for some reason to disallow FCT VPN to write on disk -> Solution: Check in you AV and any other security software you may have
  • Bug in FCT version you installed -> Solution: try another version
AEK
AEK
Maerre

Hello,

i'm a windows laptop and disk permission is allowed, it's probably the third option....

Maerre

Just to update everybody, installing another version of FCT vpn resolved the issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors